Monday, August 9, 2010




Well, I worked all weekend and I was able to do some demonstrations and one was with our mighty little green machine-THE CUTTLEBUG! I know several of you have it, but I was surprised about how much misinformation is out there about what it can do.


Did you know this great little machine can cut and emboss Cuttlebug products, Spellbinders dies, the thick Sizzix dies (think of those new Tim Holtz dies), various other embossing folders and plates, and flat metal stencils. Yup, you heard me right-your flat metal stencils! No more light box, stylus, and wax paper. Well, maybe occasionally.


You would not believe how happy I made some people! I heard "I don't use them anymore.", "They are too much work.", " I gave all of mine away." and "I was getting ready to sell them at my yard sale." So now some people are going to go home and give them a try again.

Speaking of those metal dies, I also demonstrated how to use them with Dreamweavers Embossing Paste. This paste will add a whole new dimension to your paper crafts. The dragonfly with the lilypad above was done with the black embossing paste, then Metallic F/X was applied. So don't give up on your stencils!
I hope you have a wonderful week!
P.S. Several people were interested in the Dreamweavers so I will try to put together a class in the next 6 weeks for those interested in learning.


1 comment: