Friday, April 15, 2011

Fab 5 Day 5



Good morning! Boy has this week gone fast.


Above you will find a bottle I made for my daughter. She was married on the beach and collected some sand for the memory. Well, the poor sand has never made it out of the baggie yet. When I made the bottle I had to ask her what color vellum she like, so I had brought home three and she chose the blue. I had her stamp the tag with their names and the date of the wedding. (We cut it out after stamping the vellum as it makes it easier to line the words up in the space on the tag.) I think when she adds the sand the blue will stand out really nice, and it was the color scheme of her wedding also. She is up visiting so we did not have the sand, but I did add a few shells I had collected from the beach years ago. On the top was added ribbon, tissue tape to the cork, and topped it off with two tags from the Timeless Heritage collection.The tags were cut 3 times each-twice in aluminum foil and one with cardboard/chipboard. I inked them with Tim Holtz alcohol inks to give them the colors above. We then glued the inked shapes on the back and front of the cardboard. I did color the tissue tape as we were playing, but we ended up using a non-colored piece. Coloring the tape is easily done with alcohol inks as well. I don't think the picture does it justice; so if you want to see it come to the store soon because she will be leaving next week and he bottle goes with her. Thanks for looking!


Paula


Spellbinders: Fancy Tags and Timeless Heritage

Ink: Judith and alcohol ink (I believe the colors in Nature's Walk)

various ribbons and TH tissue tape

Stamps: Just Rite

2 comments: